What is PAT (Portable Appliance Test)?
Portable appliance testing or PAT Testing is the process of checking electrical appliances for safety through a series of visual inspections and electronic tests. Most electrical safety defects can be found by visual examination but some types of defects can only be found by testing. More formal visual inspection and testing by a competent person must be required at appropriate intervals depending upon the type of equipment and the environment in which it is being used.
Why Portable Test (PAT)?
As the test’s objective is the safety of the person and the property it is being used in¨ carrying out PAT is the best way of ensuring that your appliances are safe. This is a good way for landlords and users to ensure that they are meeting their local electrical high standards to maintain rented property and equipment. Malco provides best portable appliance testing service.
- Avoid being electrocuted.
- Reduce chance of an accident.
- Meeting safety standards as set by the law.
- Helps in maintaining good standard of electrical appliances.
- Helps in tracking the maintenance schedule of the appliances.
- Saves energy¨ money and avoids loss of working business hours.
- Avoid sudden breakdown of appliances.